Please check here for our latest updates regarding the Covid-19 situation. This is an evolving matter and be assured that The Royal Yacht is doing all that we can to assure you that in this time of uncertainty; your safety, comfort and wellbeing remains our highest priority.
To all our guests and customers, we are pleased to announce that we will be shortly re-opening our al-fresco area for those who would like to come to dine with us.
Our commitment to keep providing our guests with memorable experiences, is still of the utmost importance to us; but in such times our primary concern is to ensure everyone’s safety. As such we have had to adapt our service in order to ensure this. Please see below just some of the procedures we have adopted to adhere to current guidelines. We will be monitoring service closely on a daily basis, and making further changes if needed.
- Our al-fresco will only be accessible from the main hotel entrance.
- On arrival; all guests will be asked to sanitise their hands.
- All guests will be escorted to their tables, these will all have been sanitised prior to guest being seated.
- We will be operating a dine only service & advance bookings are essential.
- Only guests of the same household all permitted to sit at the same table.
- We will be using paper menus, and these will be disposed of after each guest.
- Our toilets will be available for only one guest at a time (toilets will be sanitised at least once per hour).
- A ‘one-way’ walk through system has been introduced (where possible). We kindly ask all guests to adhere to it, our staff will be doing likewise.
- All guests must vacate the premises by 22.00.
- Our toilet facilities have an air exchange system in which all the air is switched out periodically throughout the air.
- Training & guidance has been given to all our team members in regard to the latest safety & hygiene policies.
- Appropriate equipment available for all our employees.
- Separate toilet facilities utilised by our team.
- Longer breaks between each food service, in order for shared areas to be thoroughly sanitised.
Please contact the team on 01534 720511 in order to make your table reservation or if we can assist you further with any queries, We look forward to welcoming you back and send kindest wishes to all our Royal Yacht friends and clients. Click here to view menu
To all our regular guests, this is an update to let you all know that as from 21.00 this evening (Tuesday 24th March) we will be closing Café Zephyr and its Al Fresco area to the public. It will remain open to serve our in-house hotel residents and for those who wish to avail of our Take-Away service. Whilst currently a collection service, we are looking to offer delivery’s to certain parts of the island soon, and will let you know as soon as we are up and ready!
We would like to thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes for our staff during these unprecedented times, and we wish you all good health until we see you back with us again soon.
=== === === === === === === === === === === === === === === ===
In light of recent States of Jersey guidelines and subsequent changes, we thought it best to get in touch with you, our valued guests with an update of where we stand as a business.
We took the difficult decision to close Sirocco and our first floor outlets early last week, including our meeting and event spaces. Following on from there, we have closed The Drift, Cabin and Grill outlets.
Spa Sirène is due to close to all members and the public from 21.00 tonight. This includes the gym, pool and treatment rooms.
The hotel bedrooms remain open and in use; with Café Zephyr and its Al Fresco area currently open, primarily for the use of hotel residents and those members of the public who wish to dine with us.
We are strictly adhering to all health and safety guidelines in regards to both the residential and public areas’ of the hotel.
- Tables are well spaced both inside Café Zephyr and on the Al Fresco Area.
- Our normal menus’ have been replaced with single use menu’s that can be used and then disposed of. Single serve condiments are also being utilised where possible.
- Staff are operating with the highest standards of hygiene in mind, including sanitising before and after seating/speaking with guests.
- There is only table service in operation on site- with the bar area closed to both residents and members of the public.
- Our Take Away menu is being finalised just now, we aim to have it up and running as soon as possible- so that you can avail of Zephyr’s food offering in the comfort of your own homes.
- The bedrooms and residential areas of the hotel are being cleaned and sanitised in line with all the current legislation- please rest assured that every effort is being made to ensure the safety and comfort of all our guests.
States of Jersey advice and guidelines are changing on a daily basis, please know that we will adapt and change in line with this.
Whilst we’re uncertain of what may happen over the coming few weeks, we will continue to support our staff, guests, customers, and the local Jersey community as best we can. We remain committed to getting through these uncertain times. We thank you for all your kind thoughts and wishes during this ever-changing period.
___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___ ___
We understand that you may be experiencing stress given the rapidly changing information on travel restrictions and cancelled or postponed public events. We want you to know that we are monitoring the coronavirus (COVID-19) situation closely, keeping those who are affected in our thoughts, and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from guests such as yourself.
Throughout all of this, our aim is to provide the norm; the calm; the familiar and to continue serving you as we have always done so.
When You Book
Please have confidence that when you book to stay at the Royal Yacht Hotel we are doing everything we can to have your chosen accommodation ready for you as normal with our usual high standards of care and attention. We are also closely monitoring the World Health Organization (WHO), the UK Government, and local health agencies for the latest developments related to COVID-19 and following the guidance of government and public health officials. We are implementing these agencies’ guidance on the appropriate health and safety measures with our own hotel management team.
When you Stay
We recognize that the COVID-19 virus requires each of us to be more mindful as we go through our daily activities.
Our hotel is working hard to ensure that we meet the latest guidance from the local health agencies and WHO on hygiene and cleanliness throughout the business. Providing a safe and clean environment for our guests and colleagues is always a top priority for us, but even more so today. We remain committed to upholding the highest standards of cleanliness, and want you to feel at ease when you visit The Royal Yacht Hotel, knowing you’ll experience the quality you have come to expect from us.
The below precautionary and response measures are helping us continue to provide a safe and clean environment:
- Our hotel teams are receiving ongoing briefings and enhanced operating protocols.
- We have increased the frequency of cleaning all our public areas (including reception, elevators, door handles, public bathrooms, etc.) and have continued the use of industrial-grade disinfectant.
- We will continue to adjust food and beverage service in accordance with current food safety recommendations.
- We have increased the deployment of antibacterial hand sanitizers.
Spa Sirène, the hotel bars and restaurants are all currently open as normal. However, we have looked to amend both service and procedures to align with current guidelines. These practices will undoubtedly evolve over the coming days and weeks. For up to date news, please check back here.
Assistance with existing and future bookings
If you need advice on booking or to amend reservations made direct with us, please contact the hotel reservations team who are available to help. If you need to adjust reservations made through another travel site or booking agent, please contact them for assistance.
Given the impact of COVID-19 on how we work, entertain and travel, we have been adapting our cancellation policy over the past several weeks to the evolving nature of this epidemic. We endeavour to provide our customers as much flexibility as we can during these challenging times. Generally speaking, for guests with existing individual reservations, including reservations with pre-paid/non-refundable rates that are typically more restrictive, we will allow date changes/postponements to a new booking within 2020 without a charge up to 24 hours prior to arrival as long as the change is made by 31st March 2020 for bookings with a travel date prior to 30th April. Please note that rate changes would apply to your new booking. For guests making new individual reservations between today and 31st March, 2020, we will allow those reservations to be changed or postponed at no charge up to 24 hours before a guest’s scheduled arrival date for bookings arriving until 31st May 2020. Please contact the hotel reservations team for the most up-to-date information and for additional details about availability and exclusions.
For those with conference and event enquiries, please contact the C&E Team directly who are available to assist with any queries you may have.
We will endeavour to keep you updated through this dynamic circumstance, and if there is anything you require from us or additional ways we can assist, please let us know. Most importantly, we wish good health for you and your families. Together; we will navigate this situation.